Accessibility links

Tibetan Youth Congress Condemns "Strike Hard" Campaign in Lhasa བོད་སྐད།


Tibetan Youth Congress, around 50 Tibetans marched to the UN Office in New Delhi with an appeal to pressurize the Chinese Government to withdraw the re-launch of the "Strike Hard" campaign in Lhasa starting from 18 January 2009 for 42 days.

"As UN General-Secretary is in India, we want to meet him and give our appeal letter to influence the Chinese Govt. to withdraw the strike hard campaign in Lhasa. But Mr. Rajiv Chandran, National Information Officer received the letter and agreed to discuss on our request." says Tenzin Norsang, Joint Secretary of Tibetan Youth Congress after coming out of the UN Office in New Delhi.

He also said that under the pretext of stability and securing public security, the sole objective of re-launching this campaign is to detain Tibetans suspected of involvement in the 2008 protests and to contain the remembrance of 50th anniversary of the March 10 Uprising. Earlier in the morning, around 150 Tibetans staged a demonstration at Jantar Mantar to condemn the re-launch of strike hard in Lhasa.



XS
SM
MD
LG