The announcement of the release of the two Canadians and one Briton has been made in London by British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw.
"This is wonderful news for the family and it's a huge tribute to the professionalism of the multinational forces and the Iraqi forces that they've been able to achieve this result," he said.
Straw says 74-year-old Norman Kember of Britain is in reasonable condition after the raid. However, he says, Canadian citizens James Loney and Harmeet Singh Sooden have required hospital treatment.
A fourth hostage, American Tom Fox, was found shot to death on March 10. All four men had been kidnapped in November by a Muslim militant group called the Swords of Righteousness Brigade.